Natural Gas, Geopolitics, Nationalism & Energy Is Everything Behind The January 2022 Flare Up On The Russian/Ukrainian Border.
🎙️ Listen To My Podcast With Vijay Vaitheeswaran 🎙️ Available On All Directories!
Vijay Vaitheeswaran On The Curious Worldview Podcast | #65
Vijay Vaitheeswaran on why energy is at the heart of the Russian/Ukrainian flare-up.
Vijay Vaitheeswaran has led a life of journalism. He is the Global Climate & Energy Innovation Editor at the Economist, the man who opened the Economist’s first regional bureau in Latin America, the Chairman of the Economist’s Innovation Summit, has authored several books, and has also served on the Economist’s editorial staff since 1992.
In this conversation, Vijay explains from back to front the multiple energy variables at play in the ongoing Ukraine/Russia standoff. It is an education of the moment but furthermore an interesting snapshot of Europe’s current geopolitical calculation.
In this podcast, you should expect to hear the following…
- Why Energy Is At The Heart Of This Moment With Russia & Ukraine.
- The Potency Of Putin’s Energy Threat.
- Why This Is Even Happening In The First Place?
- Plus What Do We Make Of The War Rhetoric?
🎙️ Listen To My Podcast With Vijay Vaitheeswaran ↙️
Timestamps With Vijay Vaitheeswaran
- 00:00 – Introduction.
- 01:23 – Why Energy Is At The Heart Of What Is Happening Between Russia/Ukraine.
- 11:44 – How Potent Is Putin’s Energy Threat?
- 14:31 – But Why Is This Happening At All In The First Place?
- 20:53 – What About all The War & Invasion Rhetoric?
- 28:06 – What Are The Consequences Of All This?
- 33:48 – Rounding Out The Chat.
- 34:21 – Afterthoughts & My Ambition For The Podcast.
Vijay Vaitheeswaran Links
Subscribe To My Newsletter – 🗒️ A Curious Worldview!
Cheers for reading through to the end you legend!
Every month (or couple of weeks) I write a short, popular email.
In it, you will have your worldview expanded upon. It will either challenge your beliefs or open your eyes to something new. Never boring. Sometimes in will include things you don’t want to see. Sometimes it will be exactly what you were looking for.
It is free and the best thing you can do for me. If you are keen, chuck your email in below and then CHECK YOUR SPAM!
MAKE SURE YOU CHECK IF THE EMAIL GOES TO THE WRONG EMAIL FOLDER – PLEASE DRAG EMAIL INTO PRIMARY FOLDER