#12 Tim Marshall – What About When | Are China The Next Superpower? Australia’s Future, The State Of Foreign Journalism & More…
Tim Marshall is the author of many books and many articles. He is the bestselling author of ‘Prisoners Of Geography’ as well as the former Diplomatic and Foreign Affairs Editor for Sky News, a post he held for over 20 years.
Tim is a fascinating bloke with seemingly endless insight into the happenings around the world.
The conversation was wide ranging including all the following topics.
- 00:00 – Introduction
- 02:50 – Did You Romanticise The Foreign Journalist When You Were A Boy?
- 06:07 – Getting Into Foreign Journalism Back In The Day
- 09:19 – What Are The Downsides To Foreign Journalism?
- 15:39 – Explaining The Wonderful Complexity Of The Arctic.
- 29:12 – What Would Your Australian Chapter Say?
- 39:05 – Discussing Taiwan & Therefore Inevitably, China…
- 44:23 – The Changing China Narrative.
- 57:08 – What Two People Would You Witness A Conversation Between Dead Or Alive?
- 57:56 – What Country Are You Most Bullish On?
Links To Tim Marshall
- Special Link To New Book (GO IN THE RUNNING FOR 1,300P GLOBE)
- Tim’s Website – Access Tim’s Books, Articles & Podcast through his website.
Listen To Tim Marshall On The What About When Podcast:
Watch The Interview With Tim Marshall As A Youtube Video
Subscribe To My Newsletter – 🗒️ A Curious Worldview!
Cheers for reading through to the end you legend!
Every month (or couple of weeks) I write a short, popular email.
In it you will have your worldview expanded upon. It will either challenge your beliefs or open your eyes to something new. Never boring. Sometimes in will include things you don’t want to see. Sometimes it will be exactly what you were looking for.
It is free and the best thing you can do for me. If you are keen, chuck your email in below and then CHECK YOUR SPAM!
MAKE SURE YOU CHECK IF THE EMAIL GOES TO THE WRONG EMAIL FOLDER – PLEASE DRAG EMAIL INTO PRIMARY FOLDER