Pocket squares are a great way to add a pop of color or print to an outfit, and they can also be used to add texture.
Since I am a huge lover of fashion myself and have an interest in men’s styling, I chanced on an interesting coffee table book from Trendhim, a leading international fashion brand for men.
The 52 Ways to Fold Your Pocket Square Book is quite an amusing gem to read as it’s jam packed with all the easiest, quickest and stylish tips to get all suit-up with a fancy pocket square. It adds the “sleek” and “masculine” element, while getting you ready to seize the day.
52 Ways to Fold Your Pocket Square
The possibilities for using a pocket square are endless, but here are 52 ways to fold your pocket square for you to try.
1. The basic fold: This is the most basic way to fold a pocket square and is great for when you want a simple look.
2. The presidential fold: This fold is named after former president John F. Kennedy and gives your pocket square a more polished look.
3. The TV fold: This fold was made famous by Don Draper on the show Mad Men and gives your pocket square a more casual look.
4. The puff fold: This fold is perfect if you want to make more of an impact with your pocket square.
5. The triangle fold: This fold is another great option for when you want to add some color or print to your outfit, and it’s also great for designers because it adds a pop of symmetry on the side of your suit.
6. The waterfall fold: This fold is best suited for thinner pocket squares, but can be done on thicker ones as well. If the folds are too noticeable on your thicker pocket squares though, opt for one of the other options instead.
7. The trick fold: This tricky way to fold a pocket square was created by reddit user trick_of_it_all and looks complicated, but really isn’t.
8. The one-point fold: This is another great option for when you want to add some color or print to your outfit, but don’t want the folds to be too noticeable.
9. The triangle point fold: This is one of my favorite ways to fold a pocket square because it adds visual interest and also works well with most patterns and prints.
10. The yarn fold: If you’re looking for an easy way to style your pocket square, try this fold inspired by rapper Wale’s personal stylist, Jhonny Wujek. All you need is your pocket square and a rubber band!
11. The Point With It folding technique: This method was created by user Point_With_It on reddit and looks almost like the trick fold, but with half the effort!
12. The diamond fold: This method is perfect if you don’t want to add any bulk to your pocket square, but still want it to be noticeable.
13. The windmill fold: This unusual way to fold a pocket square was created by designer Gyan Panchal and makes for a great conversation starter!
14. The peacock fold: This fun way to fold a pocket square was inspired by wildlife photographer Nick Jans and his photo “Male Peacock With Fabulous Fanned Feathers.” If you’re not ready to commit 100%, this is a great option that only involves folding part of the fabric.
15. The accordion fold: This is a great way to show off a busy print or pattern on your pocket square.
16. The fan fold: This easy fold will make your pocket square more visible and can be used with most fabrics.
17. The euro fold: This sleek and simple fold is perfect for when you want a more professional look.
18. The rosette fold: This beautiful fold was created by designer Gokhan Bulut and is perfect for special occasions.
19. The six-pointed star fold: This tricky fold was created by redditor thebutterflyeffect and can be done with any type of fabric.
20. The box pleat fold: This stylish fold was created by designer Kunal Batra for the New York City-based fashion blog, Wit & Delight.
21. The accordion diamond fold: This clever fold was created by Reddit user takumocku and is perfect if you want your pocket square to stand out, but don’t want it to be a solid color either.
22. The “cuff” fold: This fun way to style a pocket square was inspired by Redditor BizMark_’s post on /r/malefashionadvice and adds a unique detail that can take your outfit from boring to bold!
23. The bacon fold: If you’re looking for a more interesting way to style your pocket squares, try this bacon-inspired option from designer Gokhan Bulut.
24. The wine glass fold: This simple, yet effective fold is inspired by designer David Hart and adds a fun pop of color to your ensemble without being too matchy-matchy.
25. The accordion pleat fold: This fold was created by reddit user MunkOne for pocket squares made with thicker fabrics. If the folds are too noticeable on your thinner fabric though, opt for another option instead.
26. The arrowhead fold: This easy way to show off your pocket square was inspired by Redditor rufftoon’s post on /r/malefashionadvice and looks great in most colors and patterns!
27. The “pocket full of sunshine” folding technique: This unusual way to fold a pocket square was created by reddit user emmethal and adds a great pop of color, but get ready for some compliments!
28. The one-point fold: If you’re looking for a simple way to add some life to your suit without going overboard, try this easy option that will keep things classy and low maintenance at the same time.
29. The “tucked into jacket” folding technique: If you want something different than all the other folds listed above, go old school with this method inspired by Redditor djscobalt’s post on /r/malefashionadvice and rock it like James Bond!
30. The rosette fold: This beautiful fold is perfect if you want your pocket square to stand out and was created by redditor asgard_lives.
Conclusion To The Pocket Square
There are still 22 more fashion ways to adorn your outfit with a pocket square and the best way to learn all these 52 Ways to Fold Your Pocket Square is through this handy and posh coffee table book from Trendhim.
Trendhim is an award-winning men’s accessories brand established in 2007 by Co-Founders Sebastian Petersen and Mikkel Andersen in Horsens, Denmark.
The company’s mission is to inspire all men to express themselves by offering a diverse range of fashionable and affordable men’s accessories. That’s why we have a diverse product portfolio with products ranging from suit accessories and jewellery to bags and wallets.
Their wide range of amazing and high-quality elite products include a total of 13 house brands only available through Trendhim, and our products are shipped to a total of 28 countries around the world.