Being A Journalist In Taiwan, Technology In Taiwan, A Neo-Liberal Shill & Much More.
Angelica Oung brands herself as Taiwan’s #1 neo-liberal shill.
She is a Taiwanese/American and currently operating as a business and technology journalist out of Taiwan. Read her substack here and follow her on Twitter here. We covered many exciting things in this conversation, episode #35 on the ‘Curious Worldview Podcast’.
You can expect to learn about…
- The complexitity of the Taiwan/China relationship.
- The amazing world of the TCMS & Semiconductors.
- What a neo-liberal shill is.
Listen To This Podcast 🎙️ About Taiwan With Angelica Oung On Apple Here – Spotify Here – Or Everywhere Else Here
SUBSCRIBE & LEAVE A REVIEW MATE 👍
Time Stamps With Angelica Oung On Taiwan
- 00:00 – Introduction
- 04:38 – What Is A Neo-Liberal Shill?
- 09:48 – How Do You Fit Into Taiwan?
- 13:48 – Key Differences Between Taiwanese & Chinese Institutions.
- 20:52 – Expanding On Angelica’s Singapore Comment.
- 22:48 – Is It Frustrating That China Is Always Taiwan’s #1 Variable.
- 32:16 – How Ominous Is The Threat Of China?
- 35:50 – How Has Taiwan Changed Over The Years?
- 38:41 – Speaking About The Semiconductor Market?
- 49:23 – Trade Between Taiwan & China.
- 58:38 – How Strong Do You Feel The Military Threat In China?
- 1:03:18 – On China Destroying Thier International Reputation.
- 1:08:08 – We Must Speak Again.
- 1:08:58 – What Is It Like Operating As A Journalist In Taiwan?
Listen To This Podcast 🎙️ With Angelica Oung On Taiwan On Youtube Instead
Subscribe To My Newsletter – 🗒️ A Curious Worldview!
Cheers for reading through to the end you legend!
Every month (or couple of weeks) I write a short, popular email.
In it you will have your worldview expanded upon. It will either challenge your beliefs or open your eyes to something new. Never boring. Sometimes in will include things you don’t want to see. Sometimes it will be exactly what you were looking for.
It is free and the best thing you can do for me. If you are keen, chuck your email in below and then CHECK YOUR SPAM!
MAKE SURE YOU CHECK IF THE EMAIL GOES TO THE WRONG EMAIL FOLDER – PLEASE DRAG EMAIL INTO PRIMARY FOLDER