Justin Scheck Blood and Oil on MBS, Saudi Arabia & More
🎙️ Listen To The Podcast Justin Scheck Blood and Oil On Apple Here – Spotify Here – Or Everywhere Else Here
With friends like Tony Blair, Stephen Schwarzman, Ari Emmanual and even Donald Trump – Mohammed bin Salman’s sphere of influence is as deep and broad as anyone could ever hope to wield.
MBS – Mohammed bin Salman – is the crown prince of Saudi Arabia and favourite to be the next in line for the king.
The narrative of MBS is relatively straightforward – a monarch who has seen his country thrive of oil wealth, look into the future and see a world where both fossil fuels and social inequality are a thing of the past. MBS being the visionary with the deep pockets exacts his wealth and influence to make a change transitioning Saudi Arabia from a state that relies on oil to one that relies on solar and other renewables.
So the narrative is simple, but it is the details that are complex. With the monarchy growing at an exponential rate – yes, exponential family growth – the limitations of Saudi geography, the complexity of international influence, the role of social media, the pressures of trying to maintain balance and order, the easily understood vision of MBS is met by hundreds of divergent paths he can barely hang on to.
In this podcast with Justin Scheck Blood and Oil you can expect to learn…
- A brief history of Saudi Arabia.
- How MBS spends his billions.
- A bit about the implications of Kashoggi.
- What MBS true skills and qualities are.
- The role of McKinsey, BCG and the rest in Saudi Arabia.
- + much, much more.
🎙️ Listen To This Podcast Justin Scheck Blood and Oil On Apple Here – Spotify Here – Or Everywhere Else Here
SUBSCRIBE & LEAVE A REVIEW MATE 👍
Time Stamps For My Podcast With Justin Scheck Blood and Oil
- 00:00 – Introduction
- 04:34 – How Much Did You Think About The Narrative Journalism Style & Co-Authorship For The Book?
- 11:29 – Exciting & Ongoing White Collar Crime Investigations
- 14:08 – Introducing Saudi Arabia Beyond The Caricature
- 23:21 – The Unusual Labour Force Of Saudi Arabia
- 31:48 – Is MBS’s Cultural Reformation BS?
- 43:09 – Is MBS admiration for Alexander The Great & Machiavelli Ominous?
- 58:54 – Egregious Saudi Prince Spending
- 1:04:39 – Using Neon To Explain MBS Ambition
- 1:13:39 – How Saudi Aramco Is Much More Than Just An Oil Company
- 1:16:09 – MBS Ongoing Disatsifaction With Management Consultants + Celebrity Influence
- 1:28:39 – Is MBS A Figure For Good?
- 1:31:34 – Which Country Are You Most Bullish On?
- 1:32:25 – A Conversation Between Any Two People Of History
- 1:34:00 – My Afterthougts
🎬 Watch This Podcast On Youtube Instead
Subscribe To My Newsletter – 🗒️ A Curious Worldview!
Cheers for reading through to the end you legend!
Every month (or couple of weeks) I write a short, popular email.
In it, you will have your worldview expanded upon. It will either challenge your beliefs or open your eyes to something new. Never boring. Sometimes in will include things you don’t want to see. Sometimes it will be exactly what you were looking for.
It is free and the best thing you can do for me. If you are keen, chuck your email in below and then CHECK YOUR SPAM!
MAKE SURE YOU CHECK IF THE EMAIL GOES TO THE WRONG EMAIL FOLDER – PLEASE DRAG EMAIL INTO PRIMARY FOLDER