Doubling The Transistors On A Microchip. The Semiconductor Industry & The Complexity Involed. VP Of Technology, Jos Benschop
🎙️ Listen To The Podcast With Jos Benschop & ASML 🎙️
Jos Benschop & ASML | Podcast On The Curious Worldview From Bloody Good Business
Jos Benschop was my guest on the podcast this episode. This interview was an extension of my business profile on ASML for Bloody Good Business.
Jos received his MSc (cum laude) and PhD in Physics from Twente University. In 1984, he started his career at Philips Research where he worked on the introduction of the Compact Disc Rewritable – the CD for those playing along at home. He joined ASML in 1997 as the program manager of “Next-Generation Lithography”, initiating ASML’s early research programs on ion-beam lithography, e-beam lithography and extreme ultraviolet (EUV) lithography.
Jos is ASML’s Senior Vice President Technology and oversees research and system engineering. He has published more than 30 papers and has over 20 patents to his name. He is a SPIE Fellow and until recently was a part-time professor at Twente University. He is a member of the Netherlands Academy of Technology and Innovation, appointed by the King as advisor to the Dutch government on topics of science, technology and innovation.
He was a pleasure to speak to and Dutch in all the best ways. Humble and self-deprecating while maintaining a sense of no-bullshit and comfort.
You can expect to hear in this podcast with Jos Benschop & ASML about the following and more…
- An Explanation Of Exponential Growth
- Jos Benschop On Moores Law
- Why Going To Work At Facebook Or Instagram Is A Complete Waste Of Talent
- Difficulties Of Complexity
- Why The EUV Machine Is The Most Complicated In History
- More more and more.
🎙️ Listen To The Podcast With Jos Benschop & ASML ↙️
Timestamps For This Episode With Jos Benschop & ASML
- 00:00 – Introduction
- 04:54 – What Are ASML?
- 09:50 – A Brief Intro To Semiconductors
- 10:56 – Introducing Moore’s Law
- 15:56 – Introducing Jos Benschop
- 17:13 – How Integral To Society Is The Semiconductor?
- 23:06 – Who Are ASML’s Major Competitors?
- 24:04 – Explaining How Semiconductors Are Made
- 31:03 – Distinguishing Between The Jargon Of IC/Micropchip/Semiconductor
- 33:02 – Jos On Moore’s Law
- 38:13 – Explaining Exponential & How It Relates To Moore’s Law?
- 49:28 – What Type Of Tech Will These Chips Enable?
- 53:13 – Jos On The Importance Of Software Within ASML
- 59:49 – The Geopolitics Of Semiconductors
- 1:06:54 – Is The EUV Machine The Most Complicated Machine Ever Made By Humans?
- 1:10:27 – Of Any Two People, Who Would You Witness A Conversation Between?
- 1:11:27 – Afterthoughts & My Message To The Listener
Pump Your Juice 🥤 Into The Algorithm With A BIG Review 🤙
Subscribe To My Newsletter – 🗒️ A Curious Worldview!
Cheers for reading through to the end you legend!
Every month (or couple of weeks) I write a short, popular email.
In it, you will have your worldview expanded upon. It will either challenge your beliefs or open your eyes to something new. Never boring. Sometimes in will include things you don’t want to see. Sometimes it will be exactly what you were looking for.
It is free and the best thing you can do for me. If you are keen, chuck your email in below and then CHECK YOUR SPAM!
MAKE SURE YOU CHECK IF THE EMAIL GOES TO THE WRONG EMAIL FOLDER – PLEASE DRAG EMAIL INTO PRIMARY FOLDER