Listen To This Podcast With Heidi Blake
On – Apple Podcasts Here 🎧
On – Spotify Here 🎤
Or – Everywhere Else Here 🎙️
Curious Things Mentioned During The Episode
Heidi Blake | The Curious Worldview Podcast #156
Heidi Blake is a writer at the New Yorker, author of two books, and recently wrote the most amazing magazine piece about the carbon offsetting market and some of the greenwashing schemes at its core.
In this podcast we cover top to bottom Heidi’s story in the New Yorker, details about the characters involved, greenwashing, offshore finance, south pole, and the huge potential but also gaping flaws of carbon offsetting.
Time Stamps For Heidi Blake
- 00:00 – Introduction
- 01:10 – Carbon Trading Schemes & How Incentives Lead To Greenwashing
- 10:12 – South Pole & Heuberger (Business At The Core Of The Story)
- 23:57 – What Is The Global South?
- 25:37 – Kariba Project (Archetypal Story For How This Works)
- 30:10 – How Much Corporate Dollar Is Spent On These Schemes?
- 35:10 – There May To Much Complexity To Ever Overcome?