Justin Alexander, Harley Rustad, The Parvati Valley And India Syndrome + Above All The Thrill Of Adventure
🎙️ Listen To My Podcast With Harley Rustad 🎙️ Available On All Podcast Directories!
Harley Rustad | The Curious Worldview Podcast | #85
The following is a conversation with Harley Rustad, the author of Lost In The Valley Of Death.
A story about the life and disappearance of Justin Alexander, a wonderfully inspiring traveller who shocked everyone in the know when he went missing in the Indian Himalayas in 2016.
Justin Alexander is a true vagabonds vagabond. Born in the early 80s in Florida, raised by a single mom, by the time Justin disappeared as a 35-year-old, he had experienced more life than most can claim in generations. He toured internationally as a rock star, travelled the world as a high flying corporate businessman, was an extremely accomplished outdoorsman and as well carved himself out as one of the original travel influencers on Instagram.
Justin’s disappearance is shrouded in mystery, corruption and misfortune. I find Justin an incredibly interesting figure, and hopefully, this is not cliche to say, inspiring. I never knew Justin, but having read Harley’s book I felt like I really understood him when it came to this anxiety about growing old and not having experienced every possible thing that the world has made available for us to experience. The constant sprint away from responsibility and the romantic ideal that the answer you’re looking for lies over the hill, just one more hike away from society.
In the end, it looks like Justin rolled the dice just one too many times.
In This Podcast With Harley Rustad, You Can Expect To Hear About…
- Justin Alexander As A Bloke.
- Gurus & The Spiritual Nature Of India.
- India Syndrome.
- Appearing With Chris Ryan & Rolf Potts.
- The Meta Theme Of Adventure.
🎙️ Listen To My Podcast With Harley Rustad
Timestamps With Harley Rustad
- 00:00 – Introduction
- 02:47 – What Type Of A Bloke Was Justin Alexander?
- 22:00 – India As A Spiritual Destination.
- 39:49 – Gurus & The Spiritual Characters Of India.
- 55:47 – Justin’s Search For Spirituality & His Relationship With A Sadhu.
- 1:07:09 – The Value Of Trust In Travel.
- 1:13:32 – Justin Goes Missing & The Sadhu Returns.
- 1:20:01 – Disappearances In The Parvati Valley & India Syndrome.
- 1:35:52 – Appearing On The Chris Ryan & Rolf Potts Podcast.
- 1:39:44 – A Moment You Can’t Believe You Were A Part Of.
- 1:42:17 – A Country You A Bullish On?
- 1:44:47 – Conversation Between Any Two People Of History.
- 1:51:11 – Afterthoughts & Ambition For The Podcast.
Episodes Of The Curious Worldview Podcast Similar To This!
- Prashant Kidambi | Cricket In India
- Bryan Bashin | One Of The Great Travellers In History
- Tim Butcher | An Incredible Modern Day Adventure Across The Congo
Links To Harley Rustad
Subscribe To My Newsletter – 🗒️ A Curious Worldview!
Cheers for reading through to the end you legend!
Every month (or couple of weeks) I write a short, popular email.
In it, you will have your worldview expanded upon. It will either challenge your beliefs or open your eyes to something new. Never boring. Sometimes in will include things you don’t want to see. Sometimes it will be exactly what you were looking for.
It is free and the best thing you can do for me. If you are keen, chuck your email in below and then CHECK YOUR SPAM!
MAKE SURE YOU CHECK IF THE EMAIL GOES TO THE WRONG EMAIL FOLDER – PLEASE DRAG EMAIL INTO PRIMARY FOLDER