Listen To This Podcast With Duncan Mavin
On – Apple Podcasts Here 🎧
On – Spotify Here 🎤
Or – Everywhere Else Here 🎙️
Curious Things Mentioned During The Episode
Duncan Mavin | The Curious Worldview Podcast #154
Lex Greensill’s Pyramid Of Lies by Duncan Mavin.
What if I told that you that Credit Suisse, one of finances most foundational banks was helped brought to it’s knees by a charismatic bogan playing posh from Bundaberg…
This podcast is about a fella called Lex Greensill… who, among many other things, roped the likes of (Brexit instigator) David Cameron, current prime minister Rishi Sunak to even Vision Fund, Uber and WeWork investor, Masoyoshi Son into his sprawling supply chain finance scandal.
The full story of how Lex talked and awkwarded his way into the central halls of power is immense, and the guest on todays podcast, the incredible investigative journalist, Duncan Mavin, wrote a book documenting all of this called, pyramid of lies
Time Stamps For Duncan Mavin
- 00:00 – Introduction
- 02:02 – Lex As A Bloke & How He Became Who He Is
- 15:20 – Could The End Have Justified The Means?
- 22:02 – Separating The Legitimacy From The Fraud
- 32:12 – Similarities & Differences Between Lex & Adam Nueman Of WeWork
- 36:32 – My Soft Spot For Lex & The Role In David Cameron In All Of This
- 46:32 – People Risking Their Reputations + Where Is The Due Diligence?
- 52:47 – Cancer Of Offshore Finance
- 1:06:27 – Greensill’s Role In The Collapse Of Credit Suisse
- 1:10:43 – Who Were The Victims Of Greensill Capital?
- 1:12:08 – Duncan’s Direct Message To Lex
- 1:14:22 – How Often Does An Anonomys Tip Get The Ball Rollling?
- 1:17:20 – Do We Live In An Age Of Unprecedented Fraud?
- 1:19:54 – Serendipity, Bullish Country & Conversation Between Any Two People Of History